This Month in Hinduphobia — November 2022
This monthly report, based on data collected from Hindumisia.ai, enables readers, commentators, activists, and the media to understand the trends in Hinduphobic chatter in the Twitter sphere. We offer the data using simple descriptive statistics and in the form of graphics, diagrams, as well as text. We offer screen grabs to highlight prominent Hinduphobic Twitter handles as well as most egregious of tweets from lesser known Twitter handles.
The report above is generated from data collected in the month of November 2022.
Top 15 Prominent Handles Promoting Hinduphobia
Note: Handles were selected based on validated content.
Topics/Events that triggered Hinduphobia
Hinduphobic tweets this month have revolved around a number of issues: Caste-based abuse of Hindus and Brahmins, calling Hindus as a “radicalized majority”, Equating Hindutva with crime, thuggery and casteism, Irrational fear over Hindutva supremacy. Continued attacks on Vivek Agnihotri for making The Kashmir Files. Continued online abuse of prominent Hindus on Caste. Misrepresenting Hindus celebrating their festivals as oppressive, polluting and politically charged. These were a major part of toxic discourse on Twitter in the month of November 2022.
Tweets from Prominent Handles
|Twitter Handle||Tweet URL|
Egregious Tweets from other Handles
Select Entities/Persons Targeted by Hate Mongers
|Vivek Agnihotri||Continues to face abuse for his film The Kashmir Files|
|RSS||Gets abuse for Hindutva supremacy canards, casteism, brahminism|
Call for Action
- Report Tweets for hateful conduct (Use Twitter’s feature to report the tweet/handle)
- Tag important Social Media personalities, Think Tanks, Twitter, Law enforcement or Government handles on Twitter with this report.
- Share this report with local lawmakers in your constituency electronically.
- Please share this report widely in Social Media.
A Word of Caution
If the Hinduphobic tweets do not have any Likes or Re-tweets or comments, do not give agency by commenting. Report them using Twitter’s own mechanism.
|Data Sourced from
||hindumisia.ai enables an analytical approach to countering anti-Hindu hate on Twitter leveraging Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing
● Twitter data is sourced live 24×7 and sampled based on relevant topics
● Sampled Tweets are run through an AI model that flags them as anti-Hindu
● Dataset is reviewed and validated prior to inclusion in this report
|Name||Nishant Limbachia||Prof. Ramesh N Rao|
|Questions about the Report: firstname.lastname@example.org|