Monthly Hindu Persecution Digest: March- May 2017
1. Kerala: Bomb hurled at RSS office in Kozhikode’s Kallachi, three injured
A bomb was hurled late at the RSS office in Kallachi near Nadapura, Kozhikode district in Kerala. Three RSS workers were injured in the attack and were shifted to Kozhikode’s Government Medical College.
2. Hindu woman axed to death in Pakistan
A Hindu woman has been axed to death by a group of unidentified persons in Pakistan’s restive southwestern Balochistan province. The cause of the attack remains unclear and police have registered a case against the killers, the report said.
3. BJP leader brutally attacked by gang in Kerala
RSS member and BJP Kannur mandalam vice president Sushil Kumar got injured when he was stabbed by an unidentified gang that came on motorbikes near Kannur Town on Wednesday (March 8) evening. According to police, the BJP leader was attacked around 9 pm, near Olacherikkavu in Kannur Town by a gang of more than six members.
4. BJP Councillor Srinivas Prasad Hacked to Death Near Bengaluru
BJP councillor and Dalit leader Srinivas Prasad, popularly known as Kithaganahalli Vasu, was stabbed with sharp weapons by unidentified assailants at Anekal in Bengaluru rural district.
5. Bangladeshi Govt Warns India of Increased Infiltration by Jihadis
The Bangladeshi government in a recent report sent to the Indian Home Ministry has warned of an increase in infiltration of militants into India from across its eastern border. The report further added that over 2,000 militants had made their way across India’s border with Bangladesh and were hiding in West Bengal, Assam and Tripura.
6. Hindu students asked to apologize for celebrating Holi in Pakistan university campus
Minority students of Hindu faith asked to apologize for celebrating Holi in Pakistan university campus. The alleged incident took place at Sindh University, Jamshoro.
7. Powerful Bomb Attack on Shiva Temple in Manipur near International border.
A Hindu temple on the Indian side of the India-Myanmar International Border was attacked on Wednesday. The second largest temple in the Northeast popularly known as Shiva temple was attacked with a powerful remote-controlled bomb.
1. Inside Bhadrak: Why a sleepy town in Odisha burnt in communal fire
Bhadrak town, located in the northern part of Odisha, has witnessed communal violence recently on 7th April. Odisha police has been able to contain much of violence . No loss of life has been reported but properties worth lakhs have been gutted and normal life is thrown out of gear.
2. West Bengal: Police lathicharge Hindu Jagran Manch’s Hanuman Jayanti procession
Police in Suri, Birbhum district of West Bengal resorted to lathicharge on Hindu Jagran Manch supporters when the latter took out a rally on the occasion of Hanuman Jayanti.
3. Bajrang Dal leader found dead on Karnataka beach
A 35-year-old Bajrang Dal member was found dead on the banks of a beach in Mangalore town. Police said Suvarna was found on the banks of an estuary on Friday afternoon, a day after he went missing while attending a wedding.
4. 17-yr-old Sikh girl kidnapped, forcibly married to Muslim in Pak
A minor Sikh girl was kidnapped and married to a Muslim in Buner district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) province of Pakistan and forced to embrace Islam.
5. Hindu temple vandalised in Pakistan
A Hindu temple in Pakistan has been vandalised in the southern Sindh province. Police said idols of deities were damaged and some of the broken parts were found in a nearby sewerage line. The incident occurred yesterday in Thatta district’s Gharo town.
6. Sonu Nigam Azaan row: Two stabbed in Madhya Pradesh for backing singer’s comments
Two man were stabbed in Gopalpura, Madhya Pradesh, after one of them took to Facebook in support of “Sonu Nigam’s comments on the use of loudspeakers for Azaan, the Muslim call for prayer.
7. Muslim Man Kills A Hindu Girl
In a case of gruesome violence against women in UP which has not been reported by mainstream media, murders of a girl and her mother on 6 April shocked the city of Meerut in Uttar Pardesh.
8. Minority Community Opposes Construction Of Temple Gate In Agra
An area called Khaspura in Shahganj, Agra (Uttar Pradesh) saw a communal clash around 2nd of April over construction of a temple gate. The man who was handling the construction of the temple gate was beaten, pushed around by Muslim community members, because of which he got a serious injury on his head.
9. Attempt to desecrate a temple murti by Islamists in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
Four Muslim men were arrested for trying to desecrate a temple murti at Kuniyapattur near Coimbatore. The accused apparently entered the temple to break the murti on the night of April 1, 2017 but were seen by a local resident Saravanakumar who alerted the localites.
The 4 accused were identified as Ibrahim (33), Muhammad Nishar (27), Abu Qadir (33) and Muhammad Rafiq (31). The police also got hold of the iron rod which was used by the Islamists in their effort to desecrate the murti.
1. Woman dies weeks after eloping with married man, foul play alleged
An 18-year-old Hindu woman died nearly three weeks after she eloped with a married Muslim man who had three kids, from Hussainganj here. While the police said she died as a result of severe infection (septicaemia) caused due to excessive consumption of some medicines, her family has alleged foul play.
2. The suffering of underprivileged Pakistani Hindus .
Forced marriages and conversion to Islam continue to plague lives of underprivileged Pakistani Hindus.
3. Enraged Muslim mob tried enthusiastically to kill a Hindu man over an alleged blasphemy in Pakistan.
Violence erupted in Lasbela district’s Hub area after police refused to hand over a Hindu man suspected of blasphemy to an angry mob, DawnNews reported, with locals resorting to pelting stones at police when their demands were not met.
4. Two arrested, juvenile detained for gangrape of minor girls in Rajasthan
The Sikar police arrested two people and detained a juvenile delinquent for allegedly gangraping two minor girls. Another accused is absconding, the police said. The officials added that the girls would regularly meet the accused till their families came to know about it. Police said that the accused have been identified as Roshan Khan, Shakeel and Saddam.
5.Twelve statues of Shiva Linga damaged in Joypurhat
On May 28th, 2017, during the holy Islamic month of Ramadan, a historic 500 year-old Hindu temple was attacked and vandalized.
6. RSS worker beheaded in Pinari Vijayan’s home district; CPM workers arrested
RSS worker Choorakad Biju was hacked to death, allegedly by CPI(M) activists, at Payyanur town in Kerala CM Pinari Vijayan’s home district Kannur .
Police said Biju and his friend Pandaravalappil Rajesh were travelling on a motorcycle when they were knocked down by an Innova car. A gang alighted from the car and hacked him on the neck. The police have registered a case against seven CPM workers.
7. Muslim man posing as Hindu lures and rapes schoolgirl in Tamil Nadu
Twenty two year-old Ibrahim posing as ‘Siva Idiot’ on Facebook tricked a 13-year-old schoolgirl in Tamil Nadu to elope with him. He went on to rape her in a friend’s motel.