Monthly Hindu Persecution Digest: September-October 2016
1. Bangladesh: ISKCON temple attacked for singing Kirtan during Muslims’ prayer, 7 injured
Locals attacked the ISKCON temple at Kajo lshah area of Sylhet district in Bangladesh for singing Kirtan and playing drums during the prayers session of the Muslims. This attack led to injury of seven, including a former woman councillor.
2. Kerala BJP worker hacked to death in Kannur
A 26-year-old BJP worker was hacked to death at Thillankeri in Kannur district Saturday night The deceased has been identified as Bineesh, who the police said was attacked with sharp-edged weapons by a gang near the panchayat office.
3. Kerala’s Communist Govt Wants To Take Over Temple Recruitment
The Left Democratic Front (LDF) government in Kerala has decided to hand over temple recruitment, with the exception of those performing rituals, to the Public Service Commission (PSC), and dissolve the Devaswom Recruitment Board.
4. Kozhikode: Thugs vandalise school, defecate on food prepared for Onam celebrations
BEM UP school located in Puthiyara, Kozhikode was all set to mark the arrival of Onam with a celebratory feast. But delinquents wrecked a school in Kozhikode spoiled the food prepared for Onam celebrations for the children.
5. Thieves break into temple, steal antiques worth crores
The Khandelwal Digambar Jain Mandir near Shivaji Stadium in New Delhi was robbed early on Friday. The crooks fled with antiques worth crores of Rupees.
6. Hindu girls kidnapped and forced to convert in Pakistan
Two Hindu girls were abducted on 18th August 2016 from the village Ali Muhammad Sathiyo, Tando Muhammad Khan, Sindh, Pakistan. One was a five year old Hindu girl Shanu Maheshwary and another a 14-year old Momal Maheshwary.
7. Love jihad in Pakistan: Abducted Hindu girl sold by policeman for Rs 50,000
A Hindu girl iwas allegedly sold for Rs 50,000 by a police official in Sindh province. Three days after being sold, the girl was forcibly converted to Islam and married to one, Zafar Masoori.
8. Gang attacks Hindu Munnani member in Tamil Nadu
Shankar Ganesh , an executive committee member of Hindu Munnani’s Dindigul was admitted to hospital after an unidentified gang attacked him with lethal weapons on Monday night.
9. Punjab RSS leader Jagdish Gagneja loses battle for life, days after being shot at in Jalandhar
Senior RSS leader from Punjab, Brigadier (Retd) Jagdish Gagneja passed away on 22 September, after suffering from a kidney infection. Gagneja, was shot thrice in the abdomen from a close range by two young men on a motorcycle in a busy area in Jalandhar on 6 August.
10. Hindu Munnani functionary hacked to death
A Hindu Munnani spokesperson C Sasikumar, of Subramaniyampalayam in Coimbatore district was hacked to death by a four-member gang on Thursday night.
11. For three years, a Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja.
Some 300 households in Kanglapahari village of West Bengal’s Birbhum district struggled to get permission from the district administration just to organise a Durga puja in their village. For the past three years, they didn’t get go-ahead for Durga Puja by the local administration following objections by a few Muslim families in the village.
1. Four Panchaloha idols stolen from temple
According to police, a group of thieves stole four Panchaloha idols, worth lakhs of rupees from the ancient Sri Balaji Venkateswara temple at Injapur of Hayatnagar Mandal in Ranga Reddy district.
2. RSS worker hacked to death in Kannur district
Twenty-year-old RSS worker Remith was stabbed allegedly by a group of Marxists in an apparent retaliatory attack in the village of Pinarayi in Kannur district. According to police Remith, who suffered serious injuries in the attack, succumbed to his injuries on way to the hospital.
3. RSS member hacked to death near Shivajinagar
Rudresh R, the mandal president of the RSS Shivajinagar Shakha and secretary of the BJP’s Shivajinagar assembly unit faced a lethal attack from two bike-borne men attacked one of whom pulled out a machete and struck him. This attack caused Rudresh his life.
4. Report on Kaligram Muharrum riot, October 2016
A bustling village was turned into a riot hit desert, with hundreds becoming homeless, including children and many infants, who are now living in other’s homes and consuming community food.
5. BJP worker attacked in Kerala’s Thrissur, party suspects CPI(M) behind violence
A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) worker was brutally attacked by three unidentified persons in Idiyanchira near Thrissur district. The party has alleged Communist Party of India (Marxist) workers behind the attack.
6. Mob clashes with cops over idol installation in Uttar Pradesh
A mob fought with police in Kushinagar district, after the police stopped them from installing an idol of Shiva in an old temple. Over a dozen people including four policemen were injured in the clash.
7. 10 temples destroyed in Brahmanbaria, Bangladesh with over 100 injured
Local Muslims armed with locally-made weapons demolished at least 10 temples to the ground along with vandalising hundreds of houses of the Hindu community at Brahmanbaria‘s Nasirnagar upazila reportedly in response to a Facebook post .